Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another Work Related Letter

Yes, I’ve “unpublished” my last two posts. It’s fun to delete. My posts now have an average lifespan of 6 hours. Maybe this one will stick.

A letter to a fellow associate:

Dear Dickhead,

Your secretary is not a bitch and she is not incompetent. You are a prick. Once you realize this and start acting halfway human towards her, your job will become a whole lot easier. She might even start covering your ass for you so that the next time you screw up, you won’t get invited to another one of those intimate closed door meetings with the partners. And your refusal to participate in the Secretary’s Day* festivities made you look like the biggest asshole loser on this planet.

Sincerely,

Medblog

P.S. If I were you, I’d think twice about eating any chocolates you receive on Boss's Day.


* That’s what the secretaries call it, so that’s what we call it (as opposed to Administrative Professional’s Day)


4/26/07 1:15 p.m Okay, I was going to "unpublish" this one because it makes me sound like a Grade-A bitch. But I'm going to leave it up and just say that I was a little cranky when I wrote it. I really do need a vacation.

9 comments:

Lynn Price said...

MBA, may I borrow this for a particular book reviewer?

Medblog Addict said...

You mean this isn't just a lawyer thing?

Runs With Scissors said...

I love it! I'd like to borrow it for a particular doctor or two!
~RWS

Bo... said...

I love it, too.

Sometimes I get these urges to just TELL a jerk, in exacting detail, just EXACTLY how transparent their jerkiness actually is. Because so many of them don't realize that people can actually see and understand their dysfunctional/sociopathic motives.

jmb said...

Gee I got to get over here before it disappears. I saw the last one but it wasn't complete on bloglines so I hustle over and nothing. You're a devil.
Why do men never get it? A good secretary (PA or whatever) is invaluable. They can make your life so much simpler if you utilize their talents. A waste of good resources. Stupid a*.
regards Medblog
jmb

Doc's Girl said...

Another masterpiece of a post...:-D I agree with jmb completely...!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like Grade-A-Bitches. Just so long as they're on my side.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I hope you actually sent it.

Amanda said...

Commenting late here, but from this former legal secretary (I'm recovering), THANK YOU. That was awesome.