Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom


I wanted to write something about my mom for Mother’s Day but knew I could never get the words to come out right. So I’ll just say this. When we go to my parents’ house to celebrate Mother’s Day today, I know that, in addition to the cards from me and my brothers, there will be a stack of Mother's Day cards from other “kids” -- my friends, my brothers’ friends, old neighborhood kids, new neighborhood kids, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc. All will be wishing my mother a happy Mother’s Day and letting her know they are thinking about her. My mother has that effect on people. She is one of those people who give, just because they want to, never expecting to get anything in return. I am going to try to be more like my mother.

Happy Mother’s Day.


Photo Credit: Another great photo from Carver. Thank you Carver.

3 comments:

Carver said...

What a great tribute to your mother M.A. I also need to try to be more like my mother in so many ways. Although my mother isn't alive, I feel like I continue to learn from her.

jmb said...

You are very lucky to have had such a wonderful woman as your mother MbA. I'm sure lots of great lessons rubbed off onto you.

SeaSpray said...

Very nice. She sounds like a special lady and no doubt you are blessed. :)