Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where’s the Beefcake?

I had a little dilemma when I was preparing the Dr. April post. I wasn't sure what kind of photo to use. The past calendar docs have been men and a dinosaur. I have no problem posting half nekkid men as my calendar docs (but I admit I have a problem posting 7/8 nekkid men). There was no way I was going to post a picture of a half nekkid woman and call her Dr. TBTAM.

First, I thought I would go with a 1950’s pin-up girl:


or maybe a racy cartoon character.
Then I thought, maybe it would be safer just to post a food related photo.


I ain’t afraid to say it – there are some days of the month when I would choose a chocolate cupcake over a half-nekkid man. But somehow, one cupcake didn’t seem to fit the spirit of the calendar doc post. So I thought about going for two cupcakes.


That was too subtle. Since it was food, I decided I could be a little more racy.






Maybe a little too racy. But I saved Willie just in case Dr. Keagirl agrees to be a calendar doc. 

Dr. TBTAM describes her blog as “sort of culinary gynecology,” so I considered a culinary gyno photo (and yes, I know my photoshop skills suck, thank you very much).






This photo covered everything—gardening, cooking and gyno. Just wasn't right though.


Bonus points for anyone that can guess the gynecological tie-in here.



A bit of calendar doc trivia -- the calendar doc that gets the most Google hits is Scalpel (my first photoshop pic).

Marilyn Monroe photo credit:
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.mercer/Pinup1Nav.html

9 comments:

SeaSpray said...

Very funny.

Hope Dr Keagirl does it. :)

jmb said...

I'm stumped by Jove. I'll wait.

Artemis said...

speculum look like duck bills?

Medblog Addict said...

Excellent guess, A, but not what I was looking for.

Carver said...

Fun post but I don't have a clue about the gynecological tie in with the photo quiz.

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

If you're implying that I'm a quack....

Like the one of Rachel doing the pap smear the best.

Kisses,

TBTAM

Devorrah said...

I give up--I can't guess the gyno tie-in ): (and I can usually find one anywhere)

Doc's Girl said...

lol....

Thank you, I needed that after a stressful week. :)

Dragonfly said...

Duck billed speculum?