Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Your Lawyer is Wandering Through the Medblogs

Speaking of search terms. My blog came up this morning when a firm concentrating in med mal defense was researching a popular blogging doctor (Flea) currently involved in litigation. It kind of makes me wish that I would have blogged about something a little more substantive than "Are Surgeons Really Better Looking?" and positive Throckmorton signs.
[And in defense of my blog, I disclosed from the beginning that it was meant to be a guilty pleasure. But I think I may have deleted that post.]

5/16/07 1:17 It looks like we've lost both Flea and Fat Doctor. This sucks.

5/17/07 10:00 Today ATM got a visit from the plaintiff's firm; then another visit from the defense firm. Which isn't unusual, I guess, but I was curious about what else turned up in their searches, so I went to their Google results page via Site Meter. This is how ATM appears in the plaintiff's search results:

Addicted to Medblogs: Learning to Link (revised)
Thanks to Dr.Flea’s latest post, the feelings of anger mixed with ... "Asshole lawyers" is a category, like "trial lawyers" or "lawyers who like babies. ...medblog-groupie.blogspot.com/2006/11/learning-to-link-revised.html - 78k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

I thought that was kinda funny. What a disappointment though, when they saw my actual post. Like I said, I never promised y'all quality blogging.

Go Flea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you mention this.

Fat Doctor over at "this blog ate Manhattan" just got "outed" and can no longer blog b/c of her department

See link:
http://theblogthatatemanhattan.blogspot.com/2007/05/another-one-bites-dust.html

.:Alois:.

Sid Schwab said...

I guess I haven't been surfing enough lately: I'd had no idea about flea and fat doctor. Anyone know what it was that pushed flea over? His was one of the first medblogs I discovered before deciding to do mine... Very sad.

Anonymous said...

Could you explain this? (I'm a bit thick) Does it mean both sides are out to get Flea? I thought his comments were a bit unwise, but he's got enough troubles at the moment.

Lynn Price said...

"5/16/07 1:17 It looks like we've lost both Flea and Fat Doctor. This sucks."

Well crap on an onion bagel - I had no idea that we'd lost them. Damn, I'll miss them.

Addict, if you scared them off, our chick trip to Rio is off, and I'm keeping all the mai tai mix for myself.

Medblog Addict said...

Liz--you're not thick, I'm just vague. I don't know anything about Flea's trial. This post was really just me amusing myself. I Googled the 2 lawfirms when I saw them on my SiteMeter page. They used search terms like Dr. Flea trial, they were med mal firms in Boston, so I just assumed they were the lawyers involved. I thought the timing was funny because the defense was on my blog 30 minutes on Wed, then the plaintiff on Thurs, then the defense again on Thurs. And of course, I was making fun of myself because of the post they were being directed to.

Again, I don't know anything about Flea's case. But defense attorneys research because they know the plaintiff is researching. They need to know what the plaintiff is looking at so they can be prepared. Or at least that is my view of it. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

I just learned we lost another medblog. Dr. Dork has made his blog by "invitation only".

911DOC said...

wow. looks like i was wise to make myself as anonymous as possible.