Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Green Eggs and Ham - Legal Version



I ran across this and thought y'all might like seeing the lighter side of the law.

A prisoner was dissatisfied with the meals he was receiving in prison, so he did what any other red-blooded American does when he/she is wronged – he filed a lawsuit. Among other things, he requested that he not be served any more eggs:


Notice that he wants donuts and danish instead of eggs. In other pleadings, he stated eggs were bad for his health. In support of his motion, the prisoner submitted a hard-boiled egg to the Court. The judge wasn't too keen on having an egg kept as part of the official court records and wrote the following opinion:



Click on the pic to make it bigger so you can read it (I know, I suck at pictures).

I hate posting anything remotely legal because I feel like I have to provide some background, then it turns into this whole long post, then I get bored with it and figure you will too, so I just end up tossing everything into the computer equivalent of file 13. There's a whole lot more to this case, but this is all you are getting from me. If you want more facts, go here. The whole case is online. It's free and gets pretty entertaining at times. Warning, you may want to skip some items if you are offended by the use of the f-word in legal documents.

5 comments:

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

One lawsuit, two lawsuit, red lawsuit, blue lawsuit...

DOnt; you love this country?

jmb said...

The F word in legal documents? Perish the thought. This must have made that judge's day. Who said they had no sense of humour?

Dr Anymonth in the near or even far future?

Carver said...

Thanks for the laughs. That was great.

SeaSpray said...

I love Dr Seus! Thanks for sharing that! :)

jmb said...

Naughty girl, deleting again!