Sunday, December 21, 2008

Eleven Lords a Leapin' Over the Platypus


On the eleventh day of Christmas, your true love gave to you, eleven lords a leapin’. Leapin’ over what?

Leapin' Lizards!!!


Q.1 When did you decide you wanted to be a nurse?

I was already getting educated for an allied health profession when I found out about an accelerated BSN progran, so I started taking the prerequisite classes to get into that.

Q.2 What’s the best part of your job?

We can wear white after Labor Day, and pajamas every day. The worst? Having to wear pajamas every day, except the dress code enforcement here is pretty lax and we wear pretty much whatever we want, so I guss that's another best part.

Q.3 Did you have another career before you became a nurse?

I did a skilled manufacturing job for fifteen years, so, yeah, kind of.

Q.4 Is this really a true story?

A nurse caring for a woman from Kentucky asked, "So how's your breakfast this morning?" "It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste," the patient replied. The nurse asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly."

Uh...

I've never seen KY where I work. We use Surgilube, but I wouldn't put it past a hillbilly to eat the stuff. I've seen people eat a lot worse.

Q.5 A lot of people get to my site after googling things like “hot nurses”. Y’all seem to have quite the reputation. Do patients ever hit on you?

I got kicked in the neck and bitten, two separate incidents, this year.

Q.6 When did you first hear the expression “nurses eat their young”?

Prob'ly in school.

Q.7 What’s the most useless thing you have ever bought?

Probably clothes. I'll walk in the store and say "oh, pants are on sale" and I'll buy a pair or two not thinking that I already have tons of pants. Hell, I don't even need pants for work since we can wear pajamas every day.

Q.8 If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Shape shifting.

Q.9 Tell us about the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you on the job.

I don't know. My boss says I put Fuck You as a chief complaint on a chart, apparently that's what the patient told me, but I don't remember doing it.

Q.10 What food do you absolutely hate and will never eat?

Stinky cheese.

Q.11 What’s the name of one movie that you watch over and over?

I don't do that, but there are some movies that are so good that I'll watch them whenever they're on TV. And then there are the ones that I've never seen in their entirety in one sitting but I've caught enough bit and pieces over the years to put it all together. Say if something like Cool Hand Luke comes on I have to watch at least some of it. Goodfellows fits into the bits and pieces category. (That's the one where they do the Lufthansa Airlines heist, right?)

Q.12 For the most part, nurses and doctors don’t really bitch about each other in the medblogs. Is that because there is not that much to bitch about or are y’all just playing nice on your medblogs?

Doctors aren't worth the effort. Oooof!

Q.13 What do your co-workers do that really irritate you?

Leave the caps lock on.

Q.14 Tell me the craziest thing you have ever seen at one of those wild hospital Christmas parties I’m always hearing about.

I've only gone to one holiday party, and that was the year I started my current job and the new job and the old job both booked adjoining banquet rooms on the same night. I got bored and left before they had to get the police involved.

I was talking to my neighbor last night, he's the head chef at the place where this year's party was, and he said "it was pretty wild, you guys can drink". They bought gourmet pizza for those of us who had to work.

Q.15 - Do you play a musical instrument?



No.

Holiday Quickfire Questions.

Favorite…

a. reindeer - they kind of all look alike to me. Dexter?

b. cookie - Chocolate Chip

c. carol - Oh Holy Night can almost make me cry

d. holiday television show - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

e. activity - falling asleep on the couch


Thank you for being my eleventh day of Christmas, the Platypus at March of the Platypi (and thank you for the canned platypus!)

2 comments:

SnowLite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeaSpray said...

Tag you're it...come out and play!