Saturday, March 06, 2010

How Addicted to Twitter Are You?

How addicted to Twitter are you?

Created by Oatmeal


I really like Twitter -- most of the time. It's easy to check for updates, and the tweets are limited to 140 characters, so it's a quick read.

Someone came up with a list of 10 things people need to stop tweeting about. It's weird, but most of what they hate on Twitter is what I like. For instance, I like to read about, and see pictures of, what people are eating, drinking or cooking. I love to read tweets about people's pets and kids -- pictures are even better. I'm always interested in seeing what kind of "projects" people are sewing, knitting, quilting, etc. And reading drunken tweets is always fun.

I'm surprised the list doesn't include what I think is the most annoying tweet of all: posting what song you are listening to at the moment. I don't really give a rat's ass about what song someone is listening to. Maybe it's because I'm not that into music, or maybe it's because it never fails that one of those songs gets into my head and won't leave. Last week I had "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" bouncing around in my head all morning. Try getting that song out of your head without a shotgun.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm not that addicted... I'll check it, sometimes I'll chat with some of my friends about stuff on it, and then I'll forget to check... LOL.

But it can be fun :)