Saturday, June 21, 2008

Strapless Panties?

Shibue Couture

I’m a bra and panty girl. I have drawers of them. All kinds and colors. So my eyes perked up when I saw Lynn Price’s latest post on Bloglines**. It was about a strapless panty! My reaction was the same as Lynn’s – “Double WTF?”

Granted, it’s a good idea. Who wants panty lines? But I’m not sure I trust the adhesive. I’m the kind of girl, where, if something can go wrong, it’s gonna go wrong on me. I know that, somehow, someway, if I wore strapless panties, they would end up on the floor in a room full of people. It doesn’t matter how many reasons why they are supposed to stay in place. If there’s even the tiniest possibility of something coming undone, loose, unraveled, disengaged, separated, detached, etc., then it will happen while I’m wearing it.

Here’s one of my better moments. On the first day of one of my many legal odd jobs during law school, I had to deliver documents to the chambers of a federal judge. I was told to haul ass because the documents had to be in the judge’s hands before he left for the day. I practically ran five blocks to the courthouse. On the walk/run over, a piece of lace from my half-slip got caught on my boots and, as I walked, I could feel the lace being torn from my slip and getting tangled up in my boots. I was afraid to take the time to stop and fix it.

By the time I walked into the office of the judge’s (male) secretary, one end of the lace was attached to my slip and the rest of the lace was wrapped around my boots. I handed over the documents. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to walk out of the office without the secretary noticing the lace and the fact that I was walking funny, so I thought, to hell with it. I reached down, ripped the lace off my slip, untangled it from my boots, put it in my briefcase and walked out without saying a word. He STILL laughs at me whenever he sees me

**I'm not sure this link will work. For some reason, Lynn has blacklisted me from her blog and everytime I go to her site, I get the same "Stack overflow at line: 54" error message. But I showed her, I just read her posts on Bloglines.

5 comments:

GuitarGirlRN said...

YAK! I looked at that strapless underpants site. Ok, so a regular thong is uncomfortable. This looks like it has WIRES in it. It looks like it fits snugly into the top of your buttcrack and loops around to cover your hoo-hoo. And apparently there's some ADHESIVE involved that "doesn't hurt" when you take it off. Ok. Only unless you're as bare shaven as that model. And speaking of which, I have two words for ya: CAMEL TOE.

Breathingthroughschool said...

I think I would just go commando if I wanted no pantie lines. These just look plain scary.

Devorrah said...

Lingerie is so weird. BTW, I just learned a new word the other day--"merkin". It's a toupee for the public area, no shit. Also an excellent name for a pet, I think.

Lynn Price said...

For some reason, Lynn has blacklisted me from her blog and everytime I go to her site, I get the same "Stack overflow at line: 54" error message. But I showed her, I just read her posts on Bloglines.
EEEEK! Meddy Addy, I'd never blacklist you. WTF is going on? I wonder how I can fix this. Geez, it's horrible only know enough techno-wise to dangerous. I can blow up a website with the snap of my fingers, but fix a stack overflow error...by the by, WTF is a stack overflow? Does this mean my boobs are too big? I resent that!

SeaSpray said...

Very funny! :)