Thursday, July 10, 2008

Accents

When I was taking this quiz, I thought there was no way this was going to be accurate. I just knew I was gonna sound like a Yankee (not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess).

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South
 

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

The Midland
 
The Inland North
 
The West
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

2 comments:

Carver said...

It said I have a midland accent which is a laugh. I am very southern and get more southern the older I get. Not deep south. I'm in the NC piedmont. I used to have a much more neutral accent but I enjoy regional differences and have become very lazy tongued. My normal chit chat accent is definitely southern.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, I also have a midland accent. They should have asked about the words water and words that end in As because many Northeasterners will say "Amander" over "Amanda."

Speaking of Northeasterners, did anyone see this TV show last night called Greatest American Dog? There was New York physician and his little Jack Russell on the show. Pretty funny stuff. There are clips of the doc and his dog and clips from the show on this site called TheDoctorsChannel.com. It's also a pretty good site anyway. It's like the YouTube for doctors. Any doctor should check it out.